Monday, December 3, 2007

Dave has posted in his blog!

Yea! Dave has finally taken the big plunge and published in his blog! This makes me so proud of him!

I think he has been nervous about a public view of his current writing ability. He worked on his blog posting for weeks, and I finally had to tell him that it might not be perfect English, but that if we waited that long, he would never post.

His first post is describing (in part) his stroke and who he is/was. If you have a moment, please view his blog, and perhaps even leave a note for him. Thanks!

On an unrelated note - has anyone viewed the movie "picturing aphasia"? I came across this description, I'm wondering if it is worth the effort of finding it.
http://moviemusicreviews.blogspot.com/2007/11/picturing-aphasia.html

In response to a recent email question I had, you might look at the following article about a woman who ended up divorcing her husband after he was diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia. He actually asked for the divorce, and it has been an emotional rollercoaster for her. The article explains it a bit, as well as her road to self-realization:
http://seniors-world-chronicle.blogspot.com/2007/11/usa-race-aids-healing-for-ex-wife-of.html

1 comment:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Hi Lori,

It was good to see your post about Dave's new blog. (I left him a note.)

If you find out more about that aphasia film, I hope you'll share it in your blog. Sounds interesting.