Saturday, June 21, 2008

This summed up my feelings

Just a quick post:

When Dave had his stroke, this was hot on the radio. Every time I had to drive from one hospital to another, or the few times I went home to take a shower, I heard it on the radio. It really summed up my feelings at the time. Made me cry back then every time I heard it, and looking back, I should have pulled over to the side of the road every time I heard it.

Shoot, it still makes me cry when I hear it.

The song is called Broken, by a band called Seether, and the version on the radio featured Amy Lee from Evanescence. I have read that the song was originally written by the lead singer of Seether about his wife and daughter when he had to leave them. To me, it expressed everything I felt about wanting to protect Dave through those troubling times. The first version is the video with Amy Lee, the second is just Seether. Both are links to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKGpZuadMsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4XQfDd0iMc&feature=related

1 comment:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

It's funny how we each can identify with a song that was popular when our husband's had their strokes. For me it was Toby Keith's 'I Want to Talk About Me.' It was at a time when I was falling apart and everyone and everything was focused on Don.